Friday, September 26, 2008

Investigating Blogs, Podcasts, and Wiki's Assignment 2

I've been exploring www.leadertalk.org for one of my classes. Here is a list of the blogs I plan to follow:

Greg Farr- I really like his blog because his entries seem to be fairly scholarly. I like the fact that he includes statistics in his entries. He writes on the topic of at-risk students. I love working with special needs students so his blog is close to my heart.

C. Hiltz- I LOVE this blog!!! I especially like that she has added a “VOKI”. I didn’t even know such a thing existed!!! A “VOKI” is a talking avatar which you can add to your blog. VERY COOL!

Barbara Berreda- Wow!!! Great blog! Barbara gives practical advice and information about how she is incorporating technology into the classroom. I like the fact that she tries to go beyond surface learning and seeks to help students “dig deeper”.

Things I like about www.leadertalk.org:

Great tool for networking
It’s nice to see how different educators react to situations.
I like the comments because it helps me to see other sides of the topic.

Things I dislike about www.leadertalk.org:

With so many links along the sides it seems very jumbled and difficult to navigate.
There aren’t very many pictures.
A lot of the blogs are from the perspective of principals which is fine, but I would prefer to read more from teachers in the classroom.

No comments: